Monday, January 05, 2004

Rose Bet on Baseball

Well, this is not new information to everyone else, just Pete. I am glad he finally fessed up to what was fact to those not deluded by his bowl hair cut. I hope Pete can get into the Hall of Fame, but I hope he does not manage a team. I could stand him as a low tier coach, but not in charge of the team.

I mostly hope that once Pete gets into the Hall of Fame, his rabid fans (read Wildman Walker) will finally shut the hell up about Pete. Pete is not someone who will do much for baseball. He might fill some seats locally for a season, but the shine will wear off fast. I wonder how long he could stay out of trouble if he was highly involved with the Reds. That would be entertainment. That would not be good for the Reds though.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that this whole affair is one of the best uses of PR to sell a book in a long time. Who ever is Pete's PR person, give them a raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.